Who We Are
Your Data Rights
You have six basic rights under privacy and data protection laws related to the data we process about you. You do not have to pay a fee, and we will aim to respond to your request within 30 days. We will honor the requests you make related to your rights as the law allows, which means in some cases there may be legal or other official reasons that we may not be able to address the specific request you make related to your rights. You may:
- Request access to the personal information we process about you;
- Request that we correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information about you;
- Request deletion of personal information about you;
- Request restrictions, temporarily and/or permanently, on our processing of some or all personal information about you;
- Request transfer of personal information to you or a third party where we process the data based on your consent or a contract with you, and where our processing is automated;
- Opt-out or object to our use of personal information about you where our use is based on your consent or our legitimate interests.
Data Collection, Processing, and Data Use
Types of Data and Collection Methods
When you request information, subscribe for a service, use any of our products, register as a user for our services and mobile applications, respond to an online survey, or otherwise actively send us data; we only collect the data which is necessary to make use of that service or application.
Children’s Privacy Notice
All IPS products and applications (services) are intended for adults. We do not intentionally or knowingly collect, personally-identifiable information from children under the age of 16 and we request that individuals under the age of 16 not submit any personally identifiable information to our services. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personally identifiable information, please contact IPS at firstname.lastname@example.org to allow us to remove any and all information relating to that child.
What Data do we collect?
IPS Group collects data only as needed to use our services. You provide some of this information directly when you create an account, use our services, or when you contact us. Some of that information includes:
- Your name
- Email address
- Physical address
- Telephone number
- Vehicle license plate number
- Billing information (which includes credit cards and expiry dates)
- Transaction data
Collection Purposes, Use of Data
We use the data we collect for the following general purposes:
- To respond to the request that you sent us such as your request for information, or your request to subscribe to a service we offer;
- To administer, protect and improve our site and our systems;
- To better understand the preferences of our site visitors;
- To identify server problems;
- To compile aggregated statistics about site usage;
- To help personalize your experience of our site;
- To improve our products and services and other internal business purposes; and
- To inform you about our products and services.
You may also provide information to obtain enhanced services from us such as:
- Your location
- Vehicle type
- Communication preferences
We also collect specific data indirectly when you use our services. This data is anonymous and includes:
- IP address and information about the device you use to access the Services
- Name and version of the service you are using
- Tracking your session between pages of the site to provide a continuity of experience
Processing of Data / Use of Data:
We use data for the following purposes:
- To ensure the security and privacy of our services;
- To adhere to contractual obligations with our customers and users;
- To provide you with the necessary functionality with any of our services;
- To send you notifications for our services;
- To serve as a merchant of record for payments and transactions;
- To facilitate, process, and keep record of payments and transactions made with our services;
- To send you payment receipts and notices when a service has been used;
- To respond to your requests such as a request for information;
- To administer, protect and improve our site and our systems;
- To identify service problems;
- To compile aggregated and anonymized statistics about service usage;
- To improve our products and services and other internal business purposes;
- To inform you about our products and services;
- To comply with applicable laws as defined by your state of residence;
- To perform other activities and fulfill requests with your consent;
The site may provide interactive features (such as forums) that allow you to disclose information directly to other users. Your participation in such interactive features is completely voluntary and IPS assumes no obligations or responsibility with respect to the information you provide or share through such interactive features. To participate in these interactive features, we may require you to register with us and provide certain information such as your name, company name, email address, location, phone number, and desired display name (which may be viewable by other users of the interactive features). We may use the information you provide during the registration process for analytical and development purposes (such as to make product or service enhancements) and to enable you to use the interactive features and to manage your account. You may also personalize our interactive features by voluntarily providing additional information such as your location, instant message contact information, web site address, occupation, and other information. Our interactive features may also allow you to upload an avatar or other graphical representation of yourself. If you voluntarily provide such additional information, it may be viewable by other users of the interactive features – so you should not provide information you do not want other users to see.
Where We Store and Process Data
IPS stores and processes data in the United States of America. The IPS group of companies also has contractors and employees operating in Canada.
We may enter into written agreements with recipients that require them to provide the same level of protection for the data.
Disclosures of Personal Information
At IPS, we only share personal information in ways that we tell you about. We do not sell or rent personal information to third parties and we do not share personal information with third parties that are not owned by us or under our control or direction except as described in this Policy. We may share your information within the IPS group of companies in the United States of America We also share your information with agents and service providers who use the data only on our behalf and for our purposes under confidentiality agreements. We may share your information as required by law, in the interest of public safety, or in the interest or protecting or exercising our or others’ legal rights, e.g., without limitation, in connection with requests from law enforcement officials and in connection with court proceedings.
Keeping and Securing Your Data
We will keep personal information about you for as long as we provide services to you, or as long as we are addressing a concern, question, complaint, or request you have made to us, as applicable to our interactions with you. If we have a contract or other agreement with you, we will follow the retention obligations of that agreement.
We may keep data longer if we have a legal obligation to keep it or to maintain necessary records for legal, financial, compliance, or other reporting obligations, and to enforce our rights and agreements. We also may keep data about you for statistical analysis or research purposes.
We take appropriate security measures to protect personal information against loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction. We also have implemented measures to maintain the ongoing confidentiality, integrity and availability of the systems and services that process personal information, and will restore the availability and access to data in a timely manner in the event of a physical or technical incident.
Transmissions over the Internet are never 100% secure or error-free. However, we take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. It is your responsibility to safeguard any password and User ID you use to access the site and to notify us through email@example.com if you ever suspect that this password or User ID has been compromised. You are solely responsible for any unauthorized use of the site conducted via your password and User ID.
Effective Date, Amendments
This statement is effective as of November 16, 2018. We reserve the right to change this statement from time to time and in our sole discretion. We reserve the right to change, modify, add or remove portions of this statement at any time, but will alert you that changes have been made by indicating on the statement the date it was last updated. When you visit the site, you are accepting the current version of this statement as posted on the site at that time. We recommend that users revisit this statement on occasion to learn of any changes.
Please feel free to contact us with any comments, questions, complaints or suggestions you might have regarding the information practices described in this statement.
You may contact us electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may contact us in writing by sending letters addressed to “Data Protection and Privacy” at “IPS Group Inc, 7737 Kenamar Court, San Diego, CA 92121”.